Thursday, July 07, 2005

Alaska is beautiful


I'm not going to give details of each day of the cruise 'cause that would take way too long. I just want to say that this cruise met every expectation I had. The scenery was literally looking at God's creation without any interference by humans.

The first day we visited College Fjord, the second Glacier Bay.






We didn't stop and leave the ship until day 4 when we spent the day in Skagway, AK, an old gold mining town. We did a little hiking or walking around at all the ports, but didn't take any excursions. Day 5 was a stop at Juneau, and day 6 at Ketchikan.

We ended up in Vancouver and spent the day getting up to Grouse Mountain overlooking the Vancouver harbor and the city. Too bad it wasn't a clear day. The view would have been spectacular. As it was with the drizzle and haze it was only fabulous.

This picture was taken by Bob as the ship came into port very early on July 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your website through Dee's website and I'll be really interesting to hear all about your travels (as will the rest of my family.) Plus I was able to download the Alaska picture of you all and print it for my wall here at work. Your writing is great - keep it up. Love you both!!!